Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Patience in waiting? I have none. But not in love.

Honestly, I am not the type of person who likes to wait. I get so irritated if a friend or someone arrives later than expected. PATIENCE IN WAITING? I have none. Normally, when I make plans with someone I'll always say, "Subukan mong ma-late tignan mo kung kakausapin pa kita." (Try to be late and see if I ever talk to you again.) But of course, I am only threatening them. I don't talk to them but just for an hour or so, but never forever.

One day, my friend and I planned to meet somewhere for a school-related activity. I got so annoyed because she arrived two hours later than what have been planned. She knew I was angry. Inside the car, I wasn't talking, wasn't moving, wasn't doing anything. When she finally had the courage, she said sorry. And though I am still very mad, I let it pass. We did what we had to do and ate somewhere. While we were waiting for our food she then asked me, "Lagi ka bang ganyan? Ayaw mo nang nag-hihintay?" (Are you always like that? You don't like waiting?) I nodded because I'm too sleepy and too lazy to talk. "Sa love ba hindi ka rin nag-hihintay?" (You don't wait? Even in love?) Luckily, our food arrived so I do not have to answer her awkward question. We aren't that close so I don't want to talk to her 'bout it.

The whole day her question kept popping into my head. It was echoing in my ears. What if the food did not arrive at that time? What would I tell her? SIMPLE. Love is a different case. In love, I always have the patience to wait. I've been doing that for quite a long time now. I do not rush LOVE. I came from a relationship which was very heartbreaking. The reason was that, it was very rushed. After that heartbreaking experience I realized that love should not be rushed. I learned from that experience, and it made me what I am now.

Now, I am patiently waiting for my one true love. I currently have someone in my heart. But, that person is not yet ready, and so am I. We still have a lot of things ahead of us. It was when I met him, I learned the true meaning of WAITING. I do not worry. As the saying goes, "If it's meant to be, it will be." If it's not, well that's too bad, but at least we had the chance to know each other. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment